Welcome to the Community Health Nursing (CHN) Portal. This portal is specifically designed for students who are currently enrolled in our specialty area. Thus, information included in this website is program-specific. If you find difficulties navigating this website, please do not hesitate to ask for assistance from faculty, staff, or your peers.
- Michelle Hufstetler, second-year Master of Nursing student in Community Health Nursing (CHN), was promoted to the rank of Major in the United States Air Force, effective February 1, 2013. She has been an active-duty Air Force officer for 11 years, most of which was spent as a pediatric nurse in inpatient and outpatient care. She has supported Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom during deployments to Germany and Iraq and has also gained management experience in multiple nursing assignments. Upon her graduation, Michelle will work as a Health Care Integrator for the Air Force, in which she will be utilizing the knowledge gained from the CHN program to ensure optimal healthcare delivery for our nation's Airmen and to promote a healthy military population and community.
- The 2013 American Public Health Association's annual meeting will be held November 2-6 in Boston, MA. The theme is Think Global, Act Local: Best Practices around the World . Abstracts are due, ranging from February 4-8. Check out APHA website for details.
- CHN students and alumni are recently featured by the School of Nursing. Check out their interviews:
Community Health Nursing: Changing Lives from the Classroom to the Neighborhood
Current MN Student Profiles: Community Health Nursing (CHN) Specialty
- On May 26, 2010, UW faculty and participants from community health partnership agencies in the region attended the final UW DNP Community Health Program conference, Enhancing & Sustaining Inter-Organizational Connections to Promote Community Health Equity. For more details, check out the agenda and other conference materials.
- Check out our 2009 Spring Celebration photos!
- If you want get an update on current public health issues, check out the American Public Health Association newspaper "The Nation's Health"
Betty Bekemeier, RN, PhD
Research Interests: Public health systems research, particularly as it pertains to state and local health departments and public health nurses
Email Address: email@example.com
This project is supported in part by funds from the Division of Nursing (DN), Bureau of Health Professions (BHPr), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) under grant number D09HP22625. The information or content and conclusions are those of the authors and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should be any endorsements be inferred by the Division of Nursing, BHPr, DHHS or the U.S. Government.